Proso Millet Pizza
For Pizza Dough
1 Cup Proso Millet
1 Large Sweet Potato, boiled and mashed
Salt, to taste
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
½ tsp Oil, for greasing
¼ Cup Pizza Sauce
½ Cup Pizza cheese, grated
½ Cup Sauteed Vegetable, sliced (garlic, onion, green & yellow bell pepper)
2-3 Baby corn, sliced & blanched
4-5 Mushroom, sliced
3-4 Black Olives, sliced
½ tsp Italian Seasoning
Few Basil Leaves, hand torn
- For pizza dough, make proso millet flour by grinding the millet to a fine powder.
- Now in a mixing combine millet flour, mashed sweet potato, salt, Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Using ¼ cup water knead into a soft dough.
- Now take 8” inch pizza plate (bakeware) and grease with little oil.
- Now press and spread the dough on the pizza plate till you get an even circular pizza base.
- Bake the pizza base in a pre-heated oven at 180*c for 10mins.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and let it sit for 4-5mins.
- Now apply pizza sauce on the base and grate generous amount of cheese.
- Place the sautéed vegetables, baby corn, mushroom, black olives on the pizza.
- Lastly sprinkle Italian seasoning and place some basil leaves.
- Bake the pizza at 180*c for more 10mins.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Place some more basil leaves and cut into equal portions. Serve hot