Prawns With Chili Jam & Mango Salsa
2 hours 10 mins
Prep: 2 hoursCook: 10-12 mins
- ½ each red& yellow peppers
- 1 red chillis
- ¼ green (under-ripe) mango
- 1 tbspolive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- lemon juice, to taste
- 6 tiger prawns, shelled and deveined
- 4 tsp chilli jam
- Deseed and cut into small dice the peppers, and sauté gently in 1 tsp olive oil until soft. Deseed and finely chop the chillis. Peel and chop the mango into small dice.
- Place all in a bowl and stir in the olive oil and some seasoning. Finely chop the coriander and add it to the salsa, with enough lemon juice to taste.
- Season the tiger prawns and in a hot pan with 1 tbsp olive oil for five to six minutes or until they are a nice pink colour.
- Spoon some chilli jam on to each plate, arrange five prawns and spoon over the salsa. Garnish with scallions.
Sweet Chili Jam
- 6 long fresh red chillies, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Process the chilli, onion, garlic and water in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Transfer to saucepan. Add the honey, vinegar, lime juice, water and fish sauce. Stir over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 35-40 minutes. Spoon the hot jam into clean, dry jars. Seal. Invert for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.