Prep: 5 minsCook: 15 mins Servings: 2
- 4-5 medium sized Potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp of olive oil or regular oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tspurad dal
- ½ tsp of methi /Fenugreek seeds
- ¼ tsphing/Asafeotida
- 2 sticks of curry leaves
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 chopped green chilies
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a broad pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and urad dal. Let the sauté for few seconds. Add curry leaves and let them crackle.
- Now add asafetida, chopped ginger and chillies, sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes, turmeric and salt. Mix well and sprinkle some water.
- Cover with a lid and cook until the potatoes are cooked and soft.
- Serve the potato subzi hot garnished with some coriander leaves.