¼ cup Sugar, for caramel
2 tbs Apricot jam
3 cups Fresh bread crumbs
½ cup Flax seed powder
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
½ tsp Nutmeg powder
A pinch of Salt
½ cup Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla extract
½ cup Butter
1 cup soaked fruits, later strained
For custard sauce
1 tbsp Custard powder
1 ½ cup Milk
3 tsp Sugar
1. To make the caramel, add sugar to a pan and add very little water to it. Cook over medium heat, do not stir. Once the sugar melts completely add little water to it and swirl the pan for even cooking of the sugar. As the sugar takes a darker shade of caramel, add 2-3 tablespoons of water and give it a nice stir. Add Apricot jam to it and mix.
2. In another bowl add the dry ingredients, fresh bread crumbs, flax seed powder, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon powder. Add a pinch of salt and sugar to this and mix everything and keep aside.
3. Add the prepared caramel and jam mixture to the dry ingredients bowl.
4. Mix the vanilla extract and melted butter together.
5. Add the soaked fruits and melted butter and mix everything well.
6. Put this mixture in a pudding mould. Place a butter paper sheet on it and cover it with aluminium foil.
7. For steaming the pudding, add water in a shallow pan and place the prepared pudding mould in it. Cover it with a lid. Cook it over low flame for an hour’s time.
8. Prepare vanilla flavoured custard sauce, by mixing custard powder, milk and sugar together. Do not make it very thick, should have a saucy consistency.
9. For serving, pour the prepared caramel sauce on a plate and de- mould the pudding on it.