Pineapple Upside Down Cake
¼ cup butter, melted
⅔ cup brown sugar
10 pineapple slices
1⅓ cups refined flour
1 cup sugar grain
½ cup butter
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup milk
1 tbsp flax seed powder soaked in ½ cup milk
- Pre-heat oven at 160 C
- Pour melted butter in a lined/greased baking tin, sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Char pineapple slices on fire from both sides.
- Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar.
- Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice.Set aside till in use.
- In a bowl, beat butter & sugar together till fluffy.
- Add flaxseed slurry & milk. Beat well to incorporate air.
- Now add vanilla extract & dry ingredients, fold in forming a lump free batter.
- Pour the prepared batter over the lined tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a pre-heated oven.
- Check by inserting knife, it should come out clean.