Phodnicha Bhat (Tadka Red Rice)
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutes Servings: 4 people
1 Cup Red Matta Rice (Red Kerala Rice)
7 Cups Water
2 tbsp ghee
2 tsp Jeera/cumin seeds
4-5 Curry Leaves
½ tsp Hing/asfoedita
2 Green Chili, slit
Salt to taste
- Rinse the rice and soak for 30mins.
- Take a vessel and put rice and seven cups of water in it. Put the vessel in the pressure cooker. Cook for 10 whistles. Let it rest till pressure goes off.
- Open the cooker and drain the remaining water.
- In a kadai, heat ghee. Add jeera and curry leaves. When jeera splutters, add hing and green chili.
- Add salt and toss the rice the in mixture. Serve hot.