Parsi Mawa Cake
Prep: 20 minutesCook: 50 minutes Servings: 4
1 cup Refined flour
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Cardamom powder
Pinch of Salt
75 gms Butter
¾ cup Sugar
75 gms Mawa, grated
2 Eggs, beaten, at room temperature
75 ml Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180* Celsius and line the circular baking tin with butter paper.
- Add butter in a bowl and start whisking using an electric hand blender. Whisk until it turns little creamy.
- Add in sugar and grated mawa, whisk until the mixture turns pale in colour and achieves a creamy and fluffy texture.
- Add in beaten eggs and whisk till combined well.
- Add in baking powder, cardamom powder and half of the flour, whisk till smooth.
- Add in the other half of the flour and whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Lastly add in milk while whisking continuously to achieve a lump free batter.
- Batter should be of smooth and flowing consistency.
- Pour the batter into the prepared lined tin.
- Place the tin in the preheated oven and bake for 40- 45 minutes, until the knife comes out clean.
- Once it comes out clean, remove from the oven and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Cut and serve along with a cup of hot tea.