Paneer Di Bhurji
Prep: 20 minsCook: 20 mins Servings: 4
- Green chickpeas (cholia), boiled 300 gms
- Paneer, crumbled 450 gms
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Onion, chopped 1 medium
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Garlic paste 2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric ¼ tsp
- Tomatoes, chopped 1 cup
- Green chilies slit 3
- Salt to taste
- Balck pepper powder 1 tsp
- Green cardamom powder a pinch
- Cloves 2
- Nutmeg grated a pinch
- Kasoori methi powder a pinch
- Panjabi papad stripes, roasted 1 no
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Heat ghee in kadhai and add cumin seeds and cloves, stir until it begins to pop.
- Add onion, saute until lightly golden. Add ginger and garlic paste, stir-fry until the moisture evaporates. Add red chili powder and turmeric (dissolved in 2 tbsp water), stir- fry until the all moisture evaporates.
- Add green chickpeas and cook until the fat leaves the sides. Add cottage cheese, green chilies, and salt; stir fry for a minute. Add black pepper, green cardamom powder, nutmeg and fenugreek leaves powder, and stir. Remove and adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to the serving bowl and garnish with roasted Punjabi papad stripes and coriander leaves.