Prep: 10 minsCook: 15 mins Servings: 2
- 500 gms, tender okras, cut length wise into 2&1/2 inches or just snip the ends and use whole
- 300 gms, tomatoes, ground to coarse paste
- 1 teaspoon, Panchphoran
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon, red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon, coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon, cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- In a pan, Heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add okras and fry well on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Okras need not get browned but fried well. Reserve
- In a kadhai, heat another 1 tablespoon of oil
- Add PanchPhoran and allow them to crackle
- Add crushed garlic and fry until just golden. Do not burn.
- Add tomato paste and saute well on high heat for 4-5 minutes, until water released by tomatoes dried up
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder and salt to taste, mix well
- Add fried okras and mix
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cooked well.
- Take it off the heat
- serve hot with Parathas, kulchas or poori of your choice