2 bunches, Palak leaves, cleaned, (blanched then in ice cold water )
1 inches ginger, grated
2-3 garlic pods, roughly chopped
For Palak Paneer
1 tbsp Ghee
1 tbsp oil
¼ tsp cumin seeds
1 bay leaf
Pinch of asafoetida
1 small onion, chopped
2-3 garlic pods, chopped
1 medium Tomatoes, chopped
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
2 bunches Spinach, blanched and puree
½ cup hot water
250-300 gm Paneer, cut into cubes
1 tbsp Fresh Cream
Salt as per taste
- In pot blanch spinach leaves in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove and transfer immediately into ice cold water.
- Now into blender add ginger, garlic and make paste then add cooked palak and make smooth paste
- For palak paneer heat ghee in pan and add bay leaf, cumin seeds, asafoetida. Stir for a minute until fragrance goes off.
- Now add onion and garlic, saute until they turn translucence. Add tomatoes and stir till they turn soft. Add turmeric, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Now add prepared palak puree, hot water, adjust salt and give a nice stir.
- Transfer paneer cubes, sprinkle garam masala and allow it to cook for another a minute.
- A finish with fresh cream and fold it into gravy.
- Garnish with ginger julienne and fresh cream.