One Pot Seafood Gumbo
1 tbsp vegetable oil
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
2 red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp Fresh /dried oregano
½ cup of tomato pure
4 cups fish broth
1 tsp hot sauce
Coarse salt and ground pepper
½ cup fresh sliced okra
½ cup smoked pre-cooked chicken sausage, cut into ½ inch thick slices
1 cup any fish, cut into 1 inch cubes
½ cup clamps
½ cup of large shrimp
Garnish with torned fresh basil leaves
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil over medium.
- Add flour, and cook, whisking constantly, until pale golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in bell peppers, onion, garlic, and oregano; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have started to soften, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the fish broth, tomato puree and hot sauce.
- Stir in the okra, fish and sausage.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to medium.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.