Nimbu Achaari Mathri
Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutes Servings: 2
2 cups Refined flour/ मैदा
¼ cups Mustard oil/ सरसों का तेल
½ cups chickpea flour, roasted / भुना हुआ बेसन
2 tbsp nimbu achaar masala/ निम्बू अचार मसाला
Refined oil – for frying/ तेल
For the dough
- Take refined flour in a bowl, salt , carom seeds, mustard oil and mix all the ingredients properly.
- Knead the tight dough by adding 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes to set the dough.
For the masala
- In a mixing bowl add in besan and nimbu achaar masala. Mix well.
For the matri
- Knead it little to make it soft after 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small pieces.
- Take 1 portion of the dough and make the round ball of it. Flatten it to the diameter of 2-2.5 inches.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of masala on it and pick the dough from all the edges. Pick the dough from all the edges and close the stuffing. Flatten it using the rolling-pin with less pressure. Give desired shape.
- Deep fry prepared mathris into hot oil until mathris floating on the surface, crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Remove the mathris when they are properly cooked.