Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutes Servings: 4
1 Cup Refined Flour
2 tbsp Fine Semolina
Salt, to taste
1 tsp Carom Seeds
3 tbsp Ghee
Oil, for frying
- In a bowl combine refined flour, semolina, salt, carom seeds and mix well.
- Now heat ghee in a pan till it is hot. Pour the hot ghee over flour mixture and mix with a spoon. Let it sit for 3-4mins.
- Now add water and knead into stiff dough. Cover the dough with damp cloth and rest for 10mins.
- Divide the dough in 2 parts and roll each in a thin circle.
- Cut the circle in long rectangles or diamonds.
- Heat oil for frying in a pan and when it is hot turn the flame to medium low.
- Fry the Namak pare till golden brown in colour. Remove on absorbent paper to drain off the excess oil.
- Serve Namak pare with tea or store in air tight container.