Mutter & Asparagus Samosa
Prep: 20 minsCook: 15 mins Servings: 2
- 6 samosa pattis
- 2 tbsp plain flour (maida) dissolved with 2 tbsp water
- oil for deep-frying
For The Filling
- ½ cup boiled green peas- half mashed
- ½ cup Fresh asparagus (cut into cubes &boiled) or canned mashed
- ½ cup Swet potato – boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- ½ inch. Grated ginger
- 2 tsp green chilli paste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
For the filling
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the carom seeds, grated ginger, green chili paste, green peas, Asparagus and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, mashed sweet potatoes, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Remove from flame and add lemon juice.
- Divide the filling into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
For the samosa’s
- Fold the right bottom corner (right angle) of the samosa patti on the opposite side to form a triangle.
- Fold the entire triangle towards its left and again fold diagonally on the opposite side to make a cone.
- Fill a portion of the filling and seal the edges using the maida-water paste so that the filling does not spill out.
- Repeat these same steps to make 5 more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few samosas, at a time on a slow flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot