Moong Methi Masala Poori
1 cup moong dal (split green gram), soaked for 3-4 hours
1 cup, fenugreek leaves (methi) finely chopped
3 cups, whole wheat flour
1 tsp, green chilies, chopped
1 tsp, chili powder
1 tsp ajwain ( carom seeds)
1 tsp, ginger, grated
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp powdered sugar,
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp garam masala powder
A pinch of asafoetida
Salt to taste
Water as required
Oil for frying
1. Grind the soaked moong dal into a fine paste without using any water.
2. In a large bowl, add all the other ingredients along with ground dal and knead into a smooth and medium stiff dough using very little water. Cover the dough with a damp kitchen towel and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
3. After resting the dough, knead well once more and divide the dough into small equal portions.
4. Heat oil for frying. Roll out the dough balls into puris.
5. Slide in the pooris and let fry till golden brown. Drain excess oil and serve hot with desired accompaniment.