Mixed Sprouts Usal
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutes Servings: 2 people
½ Cup Coconut, grated
1 tsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds/Rai
1 tsp Jeera/cumin seeds
6-7 Curry leaves
1 large Tomato, chopped
1 tbsp Red chili powder
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
Salt, to taste
2 cups Mix Sprouts
½ tsp Gud/Jaggery
- Blend the coconut in the mixer till fine paste. Add water as required to make.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they splutter add curry leaves.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 mins.
- When tomatoes are cooked add red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix and cook for a minute.
- Add sprouts and mix well. Add 1 cup of water and cook covered on medium-slow flame till water is absorbed.
- Add coconut paste, gud and cook for 5-10mins. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.