Millet Methi Paratha
Millet Methi Paratha is an healthy Indian breakfast that can be consumed all year long but tastes best during winter as fenugreek is widely available during the season.
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup bajra atta
¼ cup jowar atta
¼ gram flour
A pinch of asafoetida
½ tsp salt
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 cup fenugreek leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp ghee
1½ cup water or as required for kneading
Oil for cooking
- To prepare the paratha, prepare the dough first.
- Add whole wheat flour, bajra atta, jowar atta, gram flour, asafoetida, salt and red chilli powder to a bowl and mix well.
- Add chopped fenugreek, ginger, green chillies, and cumin seeds to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add ghee to this mixture and mix using finger tips till it begins looks like bread crumbs.
- Add water in small batches, as required and knead a soft dough.
- Rest the prepared dough for 20-25 minutes.
- Divide the prepared dough into equal portions and shape into lemon sized balls.
- Roll each lemon sized ball into a disc. Note: Make sure you do not roll a very thin disc, keep it medium thick.
- Place the prepared disc on a heated non-stick tawa and roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip over and brush some oil on top and flip again, brush oil on the other side and roast till brown spots begin to appear on both sides and it begins to crisp.
- Serve hot with yogurt, pickle or choice of dish.