Mexican Foxtail Millet Burger
½ Cup Foxtail Millet, rinsed & soaked in water for 20mins
½ Cup Cauliflower, grated
½ Cup Chickpeas, boiled
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
½ Cup Red Bell Pepper, small dices
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Paprika
½ tsp Cumin Powder
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp Fresh Coriander, chopped
Oil, for shallow frying
4 Burger Buns, cut into halves
¼ Cup Mayonnaise
Few Iceberg lettuce leaves
1 Large Tomato, cut round slices
- For patty, boil 2 cups of water in a pot. Add foxtail millet and mix well. Turn the flame to low and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 12-15mins. Turn off the flame and drain off excess water if any. Keep aside.
- Now take grated cauliflower and add salt to it. Let it rest for 15mins.
- After 15 minutes, use the towel to squeeze out the excess water from the cauliflower.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a mixing bowl, add cooked foxtail and boiled chickpeas to it. Using a masher, mash the ingredients until thoroughly mixed together.
- Now add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into large patties.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the patties from both the sides till golden brown. Remove on absorbent paper and drain off the excess oil.
- Now for assembling, take burger bun and apply mayonnaise at base of the bun, arrange lettuce and tomatoes. Now place the prepared patty and keep the other half of the bun on top.
- Secure with a tooth pick and serve immediately.