Mexican Bean Rice
Prep: 15 minsCook: 30 mins Servings: 2
1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp celery chopped
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup Tomato roughly chopped
- ½ cup kidney beans/Rajma
- 1 tsp sweet paprika or Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 cup Brown rice, Soaked
- Freshly crushed Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable stock- 2 ½ cups
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan or kadhai. Add chopped garlic and chopped celery and sauté till the raw smell goes off.
- Then add sweet corn, tomatoes and rajma beans, lightly sauté them over medium flame.
- After that add paprika or red chili powder, cumin powder, soaked rice sauté. Stir well, every grain of rice should be coated properly with oil.
- Season with salt and black pepper and add hot vegetable stock. Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is fluffy and cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve hot garnished with coriander sprigs.