For the dough
1 cup refined flour
1 ½ tbsp ghee
A pinch of salt
For the filling
¾ Cup mawa
1 tbsp Ghee
5-6 almonds, chopped
5-6 cashew nuts, chopped
10 -11 pistachios, chopped
5-6 walnuts, chopped
½ powdered sugar
½ tsp cardamom powder
Ghee or Oil, for frying
6-7 Pistachios, sliced for garnish
- For the dough, mix refined flour, salt and ghee. Rub with your fingertips till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Now adding little water knead into a stiff but smooth dough. Rest the dough for 15 mins.
- To make the filling, heat mawa in a pan for 4 mins or till it melts. Remove into a bowl and cool it.
- Heat ghee in another pan and add all the nuts. Saute till golden in colour. Turn off the flame and keep aside.
- In mixing bowl combine mawa, roasted nuts, powdered sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Now roll the dough and divide into 12 equal portions.
- Roll it like puris and stuff with mawa mixture. Fold it in half moon and press the edges and cut the edges.
- Make all the gujiyas and cover with damp cloth.
- Heat ghee in a kadai for frying, fry the gujiyas till golden brown and remove on absorbent paper to drain off the excess oil.
- Garnish the gujiyas with sliced pistachios and serve hot.