1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ cup onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup fresh tomato puree
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp cumin powder
Salt to taste
1 cup fresh green peas/frozen
200 gms paneer, cubes
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves/ kasuri methi
Handful of coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add onions, sauté them till they turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, mix well and cook till you can smell the aroma of ginger-garlic.
- Add in tomato puree, stir in and mix well. Cook till the puree starts leaving its oil and becomes dark in color.
- Add turmeric powder, kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well, sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the green peas and paneer, mix it well. Add about 150 ml water, mix it. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes on simmer.
- Add garam masala, fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot.