4 tbsp / 50 gm Basmati Rice, washed, soaked, बासमती चावल
2 tbsp Water, पानी
1 ltr Milk, दूध
2 Mangoes, आम
2-3 Green Cardamom, roughly crushed, हरी इलायची
1 tbsp Cashew paste (optional), काजू पेस्ट
¼ cup / 100 gm Sugar, चीनी
Mango, slice, आम
Few Mint leaves, पुदीने
- In a grinder jar, add soaked basmati rice and little water and grind it into a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Now, in a large kadai boil milk. Stir occasionally, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now, add in prepared coarse rice paste.
- Stir continuously for 5 minutes.
- Peel the mango and cut into slices. transfer it into a grinder jar and grind it into a paste.
- Boil the milk till the rice gets cooked completely.
- Further add, mango pulp and stir occasionally.
- Add crushed green cardamom, cashew paste and mix it well.
- Add sugar and mix well till the milk thickens and turn creamy.
- Pour it into a bowl, and refrigerate till it sets cool.
- Finally, serve chilled mango phirni garnished with a few mango slices and mint leaves.