1 cup Mawa, crumbled
½ cup Curd
½ Cup Refined Flour
½ cup Milk
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
4-5 no Black Peppercorn
½ tsp Baking Soda
Ghee, for Deep frying
For Sugar Syrup
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup Water
1 tsp Rose water (Optional)
2-3 Saffron Strands
2 tbsp Pistachios, soaked, skin removed, sliced
Few Dry/ Fresh Rose petals
- In a mixing bowl add khoya/mawa with curd. Cream down this mixture nicely. Now add flour and milk; Make thick & smooth batter without lumps.
- Add black peppercorns & fennel into mortal pestle; crush them finely together. Add this mixture into prepared batter.
- Add baking soda and mix well; Rest the batter for least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make sugar syrup by combining sugar and water in a pot. Add saffron. Boil it till all the sugar is dissolved then put on simmer till you reach one thread consistency. Remove from the range, add rose water, mix and keep aside by covering it. Keep warm.
- In a kadai heat ghee to deep fry malpua batter. Mix the batter once and take a ladle full of batter and slowly pour the batter into hot ghee. Fry from both the sides till golden brown on medium flame. Remove malpuas and drain the ghee.
- Soak the hot malpuas into sugar syrup for 2-4 minute Do not soak them for long time to avoid them to become soggy.
- Remove gently and serve on a bed of rabdi, garnished with rabdi, sliced pistachios, silver varq, cardamom powder, rose petals and mint sprig.
- Serve hot. It can also be served with rabdi.