Lotus Root Salad
2 lotus roots, peeled and sliced
½ daikon/radish, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp soy sauce
½ inch galangal, cut in julienne
3 kaffir lime leaves
2 thai red chillies, chopped
1 lime juice vinegar
2 tsp vinegar
4 spring onions, chopped
¼ cup peanuts, roasted and crushed
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp coconut milk
1 tsp chili oil
30 gms rice noodles, fried crisp
- Boil water in a pan, add the peeled and sliced lotus roots in it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from boiling water and transfer to ice cold water.
- Pat dry the lotus root and set aside till in use.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing for the salad.
- Add onions, soy sauce, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, thai red chillies, lime juice and vinegar to a bowl. Mix well and set aside till in use.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan, add garlic and fry.
- Mix lotus root and radish in a bowl, pour the fried garlic and oil from top, pour the prepared dressing and toss well.
- Garnish with coriander sprig, spring onions, roasted peanuts, sesame oil, coconut milk, chili oil and rice noodles.
- Serve immediately