Lauki Aur Moong Vadi Ki Sabzi
1 Lauki, peeled and cut into cubes
2-3 tbsp Ghee
1 cup Moong dak wadi
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 cup Onion, chopped
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 cup Tomato puree
1 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tbsp Coriander- Cumin powder
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the vadi’s till golden brown in colour. Remove on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pot and add in cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add in onions and cook until light golden brown in colour. Now add in ginger paste and sauté.
- Add in Tomato puree and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder and mix. Let this cook for a couple of minutes.
- Once the oil separates, pour in 1 cup water and mix.
- Add cut lauki and fried vadi. Pour in water just enough the cover them. Give it a good stir.
- Cover and cook this for 15-20 minutes on medium low flame. Add in coriander- cumin powder and mix. Cook for more 3-4 minutes.
- Once cooked, turn off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.