Kutki/ Little Millet Payassam
Prep: 5 minutesCook: 30 minutes Servings: 4
¼ Cup Little Millet
1/3 Cup Sugar
½ tsp Cardamom Powder
2 tsp Ghee
6-8 Cashew Nuts, halved
1 tbsp Chironji
- Bring milk to a boil. Turn the flame to medium low and simmer the milk.
- Reduce the milk to ¾ of its quantity.
- Add little millet and cook on low flame for 6-7 minutes or till the millet fluffs up.
- Now add sugar and further cook for 3-4mins or till it reaches desired consistency.
- Lastly add cardamom and cook for 2 more mins. Turn off the flame.
- For garnish, heat ghee in a frying pan. Add cashew nuts and stir fry till light brown in colour. Now add in chironji and stir fry till both are golden brown in colour.
- Garnish the prepared payassam with cashew nut and chironji and serve.