1 cup Besan
2 cups Coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp Rice flour
1 tbsp Ginger, grated
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
½ tsp Turmeric powder
½ tsp Carom seeds
¼ tsp Baking soda
1 tbsp jaggery
Salt to taste
1 tsp tamarind pulp
Oil for shallow frying
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and start mixing.
- Pour in little water and make a thick batter.
- Take a greased plate and pour in the batter.
- Cook this in pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes removing the whistle.
- Open and insert a knife and check if it comes out clean. Cut into desired pieces and let it cool.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Shallow fry the vadi until they turn crispy and slight brown in colour.
- Remove on an absorbent paper and serve hot.