Kodo Millet Thai Pulav
1 tbsp oil
3 fresh red chillies
2-3 spring onion bulbs, sliced
¼ cup french beans, diagonally cut
¼ cup corn kernels
¼ cup carrot, cut in cubes
¼ cup yellow bell peppers, cut in cubes
1 ½ tbsp veg red thai curry paste
1 cup kodo millet
Salt to taste
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
7-8 basil leaves, torn
1 litre water
4-5 black peppercorns
1 stalk lemongrass, roughly cut
2 inch galangal, roughly cut
4-5 garlic cloves
4-5 kafir lime leaves
1 carrot, roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
- First make the stock, add water, peppercorns, onion, carrot, lemongrass, galangal, garlic and kafir lime leaves to a pan.
- Allow to boil and cook on simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the stock and keep aside till in use.
- To prepare the pulav, heat oil in a pan add red chilli and sliced onion. Saute till light golden brown.
- Add french beans, corn, carrot and yellow bell pepper, mix well.
- Add red curry paste and kodo millet, mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock and stir. Add salt and sugar, mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or till the millet absorbs all the stock.
- Add coconut milk, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add lemon juice along with torn basil leaves and mix well.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve hot.