Kiwi Shahi Tukra
- 10-15 almonds
- 10-15 green unsalted pistachio
- 4 slices of brea
- 500 ml of low fat milk
- 1 Tsp green cardamom powder
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 gm saffron
- 3 Tsp rose water
- 6-7 pieces candied ginger
- 6-7 thinly sliced Kiwi
- 1 cutter (shape of your choice)
- Put the almonds in boiling water to blanch them. Remove in 40-45 seconds when the skin wrinkles and rinse under cold water. Peel the almonds and slice them thinly. Repeat with the pistachios.
- Take a slice of bread and cut pieces using the cutter. Avoid the crust and cut out an even number of pieces. Toast the pieces on low heat by flipping them over constantly. They should be evenly nice inside and brown outside. Remove 15 seconds before they are cooked and let them rest or you can toast them into toaster.
- Pour milk in a pan; add cardamom powder, honey and saffron. When the milk simmers, put the bread in gently and add rose water. Remove the bread when it is soft and let the milk simmer. Be gentle with the bread since it breaks easily at this point.
- Place a few pieces of sliced candied ginger and cut Kiwi on one piece of bread. Top that with another bread piece like a sandwich. When the simmering milk has achieved a slightly thick texture, pour it over the bread.
- Garnish with silver foil. Serve with a sprinkle of pistachios and almonds.