Kashmiri Rajma Curry
Prep: 7-8 hrsCook: 30mins Servings: 2
- 1 cup Rajma(red kidney beans)- Soaked over-night, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 to 6 tablespoons curd, whisked
- 1 bayleaf
- Oil as required
- A pinch of asafetida
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ½ tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbs kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 slit green chili
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (1 black cardamom, 5 green cardamom, 4 ½ tsp peppercorn, 2 pcs cinnamon)dry roasted and powdered.
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Add rinsed rajma, 1 bay leaf and required salt into a pressure cooker with 2 to 3 cups of water. After the first whistle then reduce the flame and cook for another 15 minutes then remove from flame.
- Drain the water from the beans and keep the water aside for later use.
- Heat oil in a widepan,add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Then add finely chopped onion and saute them till they becomes light brown in colour. Add ginger paste and dry ginger powder.
- Now add tomato puree and cook it for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- After that, add the whisked curd and keep stirring or else it will curdle. Cook till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Now add red kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, slit green chili and salt required.
- Add the rajma and the water (which we retained from the boiled rajmas)
- Mash some of the rajma to give the gravy a body.
- Stir it and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes on low flame. Add homemade fresh garam masala and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Once it is done, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and it is ready to be served.