500 gms Unripe Jackfruit (kathal)
1 raw mango (kairi)
150 gms Red chillies (lal mirch)
100 gms Mustard Seed (rai dana).
1 tbsp Coriander seeds (dhania dana)
1 tsp Fenugreek seeds (Methi Dana)
¼ tsp Asafoetida (hing)
100 gms pickling or sea salt (achar ka namak).
1 tsp Turmeric (haldi)
1 ltr Water (paani).
- Cut the jackfruit into medium sized pieces (coat hands and knife with oil so you can cut through the sticky latex jackfruit emmits).
- Wash the mango and air dry it. Peel and chop it into medium sized pieces.
- In a large pan, bring water to a boil with the salt. Boil for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the mango to it immediately. Keep aside.
- Wrap the chopped jackfruit in a muslin cloth and steam it. For about 15 minutes or until it is cooked. Cool.
- Remove the mango slices from the salt solution, Keep aside and reserve water.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the red chillies, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, asafoetida and turmeric individually. Keep them separate. Cool.
- For the spice paste, grind the spices using reserved salt solution.
- Begin with the chillies, grinding them to a fine paste with the salt solution. Then, add all the other ingredients and grind again to a fine paste.
- In a large clean dry mixing bowl, combine the cooked jackfruit, reserved mango and spice paste. Mix thoroughly and transfer to a sterilised clean dry pickle jar.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer