Instant Lemon Pickle
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutes Servings: 1 small jar
10 Dry Red Chili, long variety
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
½ tsp Mustard Seeds
¼ tsp Asafoetida/Hing + ¼ tsp
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds (roasted & powdered)
Salt to taste
- Pierce the lemon with a sharp object from one end to another end.
- In a pressure cooker add ½ cup water and salt, mix well. Add lemons and cover the lid. Cook for 5-6 Keep aside so the pressure goes off.
- Now remove the lemons and cut into small pieces, discard the seeds.
- Now powder the dry red chilies in a grinder to coarse powder, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add mustard seeds, ¼ tsp asafoetida and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped lemon pieces along with prepared chili powder, turmeric, ¼ tsp fenugreek powder, salt and mix well. Cook till excess moisture goes off.
- Refrigerate in air-tight container and store up to 1 week.