GULAB JAMUN CHEESECAKE
3 tbsps agar agar, dissolved in ¾ cup water
1 ½ tbsps sugar
5 drops lemon juice
25 pieces mini gulab jamuns
250 gms fresh cream, whipped with 75 gm powdered sugar (icing sugar)
1 tbsp rose water
½ cup quark cheese or hung yoghurt (chakka dahi)
½ tsp cardamom powder
Fresh or dried fruits
- Add sugar to the dissolved agar agar and bring it to a boil. Remove and let cool slightly before adding the lemon juice. Allow to cool and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the cheese/hung yoghurt and make it smooth. Add cardamom powder, rose water and fold in the whipped cream.
- Now add the agar agar mixture to it and give it a final and gentle mix.
- Grease a mould with olive oil. Place the biscuits as the bottom layer.
5.Pour in half of the cheesecake mixture on top of the biscuits. Level gently.
- Now drop in the gulab jamuns one by one and top up with rest of the cheese cake mixture. Level and set in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
Serve garnished with fresh or dried fruits and rose petals.