For Gulab jamun
9 tbsp Milk powder , मिल्क पाउडर
3 ½ tbsp All purpose flour , मैदा
½ tbsp Semolina , सूजी
¾ tsp Baking soda , बेकिंग सोडा
2 tbsp Curd , दही
2 tbsp Milk , दूध
1 tsp Ghee, घी
Ghee for deep frying the gulab jamun, घी
For Stuffing (per serving)
½ tsp Gulkand, गुलकंद
1 tsp Pistachios, chopped, पिस्ता
For Sugar syrup
250 grams sugar, चीनी
1 cup water, पानी
2-3 Cardamom pods, crushed , इलायची
1 tbsp rose water, गुलाब जल
Silver work,चांदी का वर्क,
Rose petalsगुलाब की पंखुड़ियां
Pistachios, slice, पिस्ता
- In a large bowl, add milk powder, all purpose flour, semolina, baking soda, curd, milk and mix everything well.
- Make a soft dough, divide the dough into equal portion sizes and roll it like a small ball.
- They must be smooth without cracks or lines. Keep them covered.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, drop a small ball of the dough to check the temperature of the ghee once it’s medium hot.
- Start frying the gulab jamun on medium flame make sure the ghee is not too hot or else the gulab jamun will brown without cooking.
- Fry the balls till light golden. Keep stirring gently so that it cooks from all the sides.
- Add them to the hot syrup. Allow them to rest at least 15-20 minutes.
For Stuffed Gulab Jamun
- Take off one ball and flatten it out with your fingers. Place some stuffing over it and close very nicely. Roll again and fry it until golden brown.
- Add to the hot sugar syrup and rest for at least 15-20 minutes.
For Sugar syrup
- In a saucepan, add water, sugar, cardamom pods, rose water and dissolve the sugar in water till it gets thicken on medium flame.
- The sugar syrup should be hot.
- Serve in a bowl, garnish it with silver work, rose petals and sliced pistachios.