500 gms Bhavnagri Chillies (large light green chillies)
1 cup Yellow split mustard seeds (Rai Kuria), coarsely crushed
3 tbsp Salt (namak)
1 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
2 tsp Fennel seeds, (saunf) coarsely crushed
8 tsp Oil
2 tbsp Lemon juice (nimbu ras)
- Wash chillies well and spread out on a kitchen towel to air dry thoroughly.
- Remove the tops and slit each chilli lengthwise. Tap to remove any excess seeds. Keep aside.
- To make the pickling spice mixture, combine the split mustard seeds, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida, fennel seeds, 2 tsp of oil and 1 tbsp of lemon juice in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Gently opening the slit chillies, fill a little of the prepared mixture into each chill, placing them on a big plate as they are done.
- When done, sprinkle remaining pickling spice mixture evenly over the prepared chillies along with the remaining oil and lemon juice. Toss gently.
- Transfer to an airtight glass jar and keep aside for at least 1 hour. The pickle is now ready to be consumed. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for upto 1 month.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer