Gud Khopra Pak
2 cups desiccated coconut shreds/ grated fresh coconut
¾ cup gud/ sugar
3/4 cup milk
½ cup mawa
1/2 tsp saffron strands, soaked in 1 tbsp of warm milk
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
2 tbsp almonds, roughly chopped
A few almonds
- Dry roast the coconut shreds until nice golden brown.
- Heat 1 tbs of water in pan and add gud to it. Let it melt.
- Add the roasted coconut shreds to gud and mix well.
- Add milk to the pan and let it cook for 5 mins, until reduced.
- Add in mawa and cardamom powder.
- Pour in the saffron milk and mix.
- Add chopped almonds and combine well. Turn off the flame.
- Grease a mould with oil, line with butter paper.
- Pour in the pak and even out the surface. Once cooled to room temperature let it set in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Once set, remove from the mould, cut into desired shape and garnish with chopped almonds.