Ganth Gobi Ka Achar
Prep: 20 minutes (10 days to Pickle)Cook: 10 minutes Servings: 1 small jar
3 Medium Sized Knol khol /Ganth Gobii
2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
3 tsp Fennel Seeds
Pinch of Carom Seeds
2 tsp Dried Ginger Powder
1 tbsp Salt
¾ tsp Turmeric Powder
3 tsp Red Chilli Powder
¼ tsp Asafoetida
1 cup Mustard Oil
- Wash and peel the skin of the kohlrabi/ ganth gobhi.
- Make small cubes of medium thickness and don’t discard the stem and leaves as they can also be added in the pickle.
- Spread the chopped pieces of knol khol and leaves on a muslin cloth in sunlight for 4-5 hours.
- Dry roast the mustard seeds and fennel seeds just for a minute on low flame to remove the moisture.
- Now coarsely crush or pound them along with ajwain.
- Take the knol khol pieces in a bowl along with leaves and add the roasted spices and all the remaining spices and mix.
- Heat the mustard oil till the smoking point and then let it come to room temperature.
- Now pour in mustard oil on the knol khol pieces and mix it well.
- Fill it in a airtight glass jar and keep in sunlight for about a week.
- Oil level should be on top of the pickle so can add some more oil if needed.
- The pickle is ready to use after 10 days.