1 tsp Ghee, घी
½ tsp Sesame seeds, सफेद तिल
3-4 Cashew nuts, chopped, काजू
1 cup fresh Coconut , grated, नारियल
¾ cup Jaggery, grated, गुड
¼ tsp Cardamom powder, इलायची पाउडर
1 cup Whole wheat flour, आटा
1 tsp Semolina, रवा
1 tsp Hot vegetable oil, तेल तलने के लिए
Water for kneading (for stiff dough), पानी
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add sesame seeds, grated coconut and broken cashews.
- Mix for a minute. Add jaggery and cook on medium flame for 2 – 3 minutes till it comes together.
- Add cardamom powder and a pinch of salt, mix it well and set aside to cool.
- In a parat, add whole wheat flour, semolina and a tablespoon of hot oil.
- Add sufficient water and knead into stiff dough and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 7 equal sized balls.
- Roll each ball with a rolling pin into thin roundels. Form a cup of each roundel gently by making folds, fill in the cooked mixture and pinch the folds together to form modak.
- Heat sufficient oil in a deep kadai, add modak and fry them on medium heat to crisp and golden brown.
- Drain the modaks on tissue paper and serve hot.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer