Prep: 15 minutes + freezing timeCook: 25 minutes Servings: 4
5-6 mealy Potatoes/ pahadi aloo, peeled
Salt to taste
½ tsp Paprika powder
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Cut the potatoes in ½ cm thickness and put them in water for 15 minutes.
- In a pot, add water and keep it to simmering temperature, i.e, 80-85*C, and par-boil them.
- Once done, drain them in a flat tray and spread evenly. Freeze them for 1-1 ½ hour.
- Heat oil in a kadhai at 140*C for first frying. Remove them from the freezer and fry them for about 80%. Once fried, remove them on a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a kadhai at 170*C for second frying. Fry them completely. Remove them on a paper towel.
- Transfer hot fries in a mixing bowl, sprinkle some salt, paprika powder and toss well.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve hot.