½ cup Butter
⅔ cups Brown sugar
4-5 Almonds, chopped
4-5 Walnuts, chopped
4-5 Pistachios, blanched, peeled, chopped
4-5 dried Cranberries, chopped
3-4 Candied cherry
3-4 Apricot, chopped
2 tbsp Tutti frutti
2-4 Black Raisins
4 tbsp Orange juice
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 medium size Carrot, grated (optional)
A pinch of salt
1 tsp Christmas spice powder
½ tsp Ginger powder
1 cup Refined flour
1 cup fresh Bread crumbs
½-2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Oil
1 tsp Lemon zest
For Custard Sauce
½ liter Milk
3 tbsp Cornstarch
6 tbsp Sugar
¼ tsp Vanilla essence
1 tsp Butter
½ cup Icing sugar
1 tbsp Water
½ tsp Lemon juice
Butter, for greasing
fresh Mint leaves
- In a bowl, add chopped almonds, walnuts, pistachios, dried cranberries, candied cherry, apricot, tutti frutti, black raisins, orange juice, vanilla extract and dates.
- Microwave the nuts for a minute.
- In a sauce pot, add butter once the butter is melted, add brown sugar and melt the sugar a little bit. Add a little water and mix well. Keep it aside for further use.
- In a bowl, add grated carrots, soaked nuts and mix it well.
- Add a pinch of salt, christmas spice powder, dry ginger powder, refined flour, fresh bread crumbs and mix everything well and keep it aside for a minute.
- In a small bowl, add baking soda, oil and mix well. Transfer this into the mixture and mix everything properly.
- In a pressure cooker place the small cooking stand, add water into it.
- Take the savarin mould and grease it nicely with butter.
- Transfer the prepared mixture into the grease mould and set it nicely.
- Cover it with butter paper and foil paper, and seal it properly.
- Place the mould carefully inside the cooker and cover it with the lid and steam for 20 minutes on low to medium flame.
- Check the pudding with a toothpick by poking it in the center, if it’s clear take the pudding mould out.
For Custard Sauce
- In a bowl, add milk, cornstarch, sugar and whisk it well.
- Transfer it into a sauce pot and whisk it continuously on medium flame.
- Add vanilla essence and whisk continuously.
- Once the custard is cooked properly to a thick consistency. Remove from the flame.
- And let it cooldown at room temperature.
- Strain the custard sauce and keep aside for further use.
- In a double boiler, place the bowl, add icing sugar, water, lemon juice and mix well
- Until the icing is smooth and thick enough.
- Once the pudding is cooldown, demould the pudding on a serving dish.
- Spread the icing evenly on christmas pudding, pour the prepared custard sauce in the center of the pudding.
- Place the candied cherries, apricot, fresh mint leaves and dust a little icing sugar on top of it.