Egg Fried Rice
Prep: 20 minsCook: 15 mins Servings: 2
- 2 cups cooked rice – boiled and cooled
- 2 eggs- beaten
- ¼ cup carrots- cut into brunoise
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion whites and greens
- 2 tsp of ginger and garlic chopped fine
- 1 green chilli chopped fine
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- oil for greasing
- Heat some oil in a wok/kadai, add lightly beaten and seasoned eggs and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till both the sides are lightly browned
- Allow the omelet to cool slightly and cut into bite-sized pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a kadhai, add chopped ginger-garlic, chopped chilies andthe carrots sauté. Add little salt and pepper. Add the chopped scallions/ spring onions and toss.
- Add the rice, omelet pieces, soya sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium to high flame for a minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately