1¼ cups Pressed Rice (Poha), thick variety
2 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Chana Dal
1 tsp Mustard seeds
½ tsp Fennel seeds
1 tbsp Urad dal
1 sprig Curry leaves
1 large Onion, chopped
1 inch Ginger, chopped
2 fresh Green chilli, chopped
½ tsp Sugar
Salt to taste
1 heaped tbsp Curd
Oil for frying
1 medium Raw Mango
½ inch Ginger
2-3 whole Spring onions
¼ cup Coriander leaves
1 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp Curd
¼ tsp Black pepper powder
¼ tsp Sugar
Salt to taste
- Firstly, in a bowl, add poha, water and wash them properly.
- Transfer the washed poha into a large bowl and mashed them properly.
- In a tadka pan, add oil, chana dal, and mustard seeds let it splutter well.
- Add fennel seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and pour this mixture into the bowl.
- Add onion, ginger, green chilli, sugar, salt to taste and mix everything well.
- Add a little curd and mix it well. Take a spoonful mixture and make a tikki of it flatten slightly.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan.
- Once the oil is hot, slide the vada into the hot oil.
- Once the vada is slightly golden, turn over the other side. Fry the vada on medium flame so that it’s cooked from inside.
- Remove it on a kitchen tissue.
- Fry them again so that it turns evenly crisp and golden in color.
- Drain them on a kitchen tissue to remove excess oil.
- Finally serve poha vada with green chutney and fresh salad.
- In a grinder jar, add raw mango, ginger, whole spring onion, coriander leaves and oil grind it into a smooth paste.
- Transfer this into a bowl, add curd, black pepper powder, sugar, salt to taste and mix it well.
- Keep aside for future use.
AMAZON SHOP Buy utensils, kitchen accessories and appliances used in this video here - https://www.amazon.in/shop/chefranveer