2 tbsp refined flour
3 tbsp corn starch
A pinch of Salt
¼ cup water
1 tbsp corn starch (for Coating paneer)
250 gms Paneer, cut in cubes
Oil to deep fry
For Chilli Paneer Sauce
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
2 dry red chilli, roughly chopped
1 tbsp celery, chopped
1 medium onion, cut in quarters
1 small capsicum, cut in cubes
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 fresh red & green chilli, sliced
1 tbsp green chilli sauce
1 tbsp Sweet & Sour sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp corn flour slurry (corn flour + water mixed)
Handful of spring onion, sliced (white with Green part)
Spring onions, chopped
Toasted sesame seeds
- For Coating paneer add refined flour, corn flour, salt and water to a bowl, mix well and set aside till in use.
- Add the corn starch to the paneer cubes and coat well, pour over the prepared batter and mix well coating all the paneer cubes evenly.
- Deep fry the coated paneer cubes till light golden, drain on absorbent paper. Set aside till in use.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic, whole red chilli and celery. Mix well and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add onions and capsicum, sauté till onions are fragrant.
- Add soy sauce and toss well to coat. Add fresh red and green chillies, sauté for a few seconds.
- Add green chilli sauce, sweet & sour sauce, mix and toss well.
- Add little water, sugar and cook till it melts.
- Add some more water and the corn flour slurry, cook till the sauce thickens.
- Add the fried paneer cubes and spring onions, toss well.
- Garnish with spring onions and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.