CHILI CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
100 ml milk
150 ml cream
10 grams fresh basil leaves
½ teaspoon chili flakes
6 egg yolks
100 grams sugar
220 grams milk chocolate, grated
90 ml Extra Virgin olive oil
250 ml heavy whipping cream
- Heat the milk and cream in a non-stick pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the basil leaves. Let them soak for 15 minutes.
- Boil again and pass through a sieve. Add the chili flakes and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and beat together till creamy yellow.
- Pour the creamed yolks slowly over the basil infused milk. Stir well and heat again till the mixture begins to thicken slightly. Do not boil, or it will curdle. This is the basic custard.
- Remove the custard from heat and slowly add the chocolate and olive oil. Mix well and allow it to cool.
- Once the mixture is cooled, gently fold in the heavy cream and whip to form soft peaks. Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve.