Chicken & Mushroom Risotto
Prep: 10 minsCook: 45 mins Servings: 2
- 50g butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 250g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 cup Arborio risotto rice
- 150ml dry white wine
- 1.2ltrs hot chicken stock
- 140g chicken boneless, chopped
- 50g grated Parmesan, plus extra
- ½ tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1-2 sprigs of thyme
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat, add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until chicken just starts to brown. Add the mushroom and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Using the same pot, add butter and saute onions and garlic in butter and leftover oil until translucent. Add the rice, thyme and stir until the rice turns opaque – about two minutes.
- Add the wine, salt and pepper to the rice and stir frequently until the wine has been absorbed into the rice.
- Now add 1/2 cup of the heated chicken stock and continue to cook the rice, adding chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time and allowing the rice to absorb it before adding the next 1/2 cup. Cook rice this way for about 25-30 minutes.
- Just before the last batch of stock has been absorbed into the rice, add the chicken and mushroom mixture back into the pot. Stir through.
- Add 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, the parsley and the cream and stir through.
- Remove from heat when all the remaining stock has been absorbed and the risotto mix is a thick creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately.