Chicken Do Pyaza
750 gms Chicken (curry cut), washed and cleaned
2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
Salt to taste
3 tbsp Ghee
3 Onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 ½ cup Tomato puree
1 cup Yogurt, beaten
1 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 tsp Garam masala powder
2 Green chillies, slit
1 cup Onion Petals
1 tbsp Kasuri Methi
Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Take the chicken pieces in a bowl and add ginger garlic paste and salt to it. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai, add onions to it. Fry till nice golden brown in colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste to it and mix. Cook until aromatic.
- Pour in the tomato puree and cook well. Let it release the oil.
- Take a bowl and add in yogurt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder to it. mix well.
- Once the tomato puree is well cooked pour in the yoghurt mixture and stir well.
- Add salt and let it the yogurt cook on medium low flame.
- Drop in the marinated chicken pieces and mix. Cover with lid and cook.
- Once the chicken gets half cooked, add garam masala powder, drop in the onion petals, green chilies and mix again. Cover with a lid and cook further until the chicken becomes nice tender and juicy.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle kasuri methi on top. Mix it.
- Cook for more 5 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.