½ kg Idli batter
3 tbs Oil
1 large Onion, chopped
2 large Tomatoes blanched and chopped
¼ cup Carrot, blanched
¼ cup Beans, blanched
¼ cup Cauliflower, blanched
¼ cup Green peas, blanched
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Salt
¼ tsp Asafoetida
1 tsp Red chilli powder
2 tbs Chettinad powder
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the rest of the blanched vegetables and mix well.
- Add spices, chettinad powder and salt and cook for 10 minutes until the tomatoes are fully cooked.
- Balance the consistency by adding water. Cook the mixture thoroughly.
- Now take the idli steamer. In the mould pour in half ladle of the batter. Add 1 spoon of the vegetable chettinad mixture and then pour the other half ladle of the idli batter on top.
- Steam the idlis for 8-10 minutes until well cooked.
- Serve hot.