Chana Dal Wada
Prep: 10 minutes + soaking timeCook: 20 minutes Servings: 4
1 ½ cup Chana Dal, washed & soaked
1 medium Onion, finely chopped
1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
½ inch Ginger, finely chopped
5-6 Curry Leaves, hand torn
¼ cup Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Drain the soaked chana in a mixer grinder and coarsely grind it.
- Transfer the chana in a mixing bowl. Add onion, green chilli, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves and salt, mix well.
- Shape them into thin flat wada’s and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat oil for deep frying.
- Add the wada’s carefully in the oil and cook till golden brown and crisp.
- Remove in an absorbent kitchen paper towel.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or choice of your sauce.