Chai Chocolate Truffles
Prep: 30 minsCook: 18 hours (Refrigeration) Servings: 24 truffles
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2.5 table spoons honey
- 2 black tea bags (I used Lipton Yellow Label Tea)
- 6 green cardamom pods, bruised
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- 8 oz good quality semisweet chocolate, cut up into bite size chunks
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Cocoa powder for dusting (Optional)
- Crushed or chopped pistachios for coating (Optional)
- Place the bite-sized chunks of chocolates in a medium glass bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream along with the tea bags, cardamom pods, cinnamon powder and honey on medium-high heat, until it reaches a boil. Once it reaches a boil remove from the heat and set aside for 30 minutes. Squeeze the tea-bags to get the entire flavor out of them.
- Using a mesh strainer, pour the boiling cream mixture over the chocolate chunks and let it rest for 2 minutes. Use a whisk and slowly start mixing the chocolate and cream until you get a smooth mixture.
- Now add the butter and whisk well, till it is fully incorporated. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Roll the tea ganache into balls and refrigerate for another 6 hours.
- After 6 hours (or more) remove the chocolate truffles from the refrigerator and dip them in chocolate