Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutes Servings: 2
2 cups Rice Flour
2 tbsp Ref. Flour
1 tbsp Ghee
1 cup sugar
½ cup mixed dry fruits, finely chopped
- Sieve the refined flour and rice flour, add them in a bowl and mix.
- On the other side, boil water along with salt and ghee added to it.
- Once boiled allow to cool down a little bit.
- Pour over the flour mix and knead into a dough.
- Cover the prepared dough with a damp cloth or a muslim cloth. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat sugar in a pan on low heat and allow to caramelise. Add in the chopped nuts once the sugar is golden brown and liquidy. Mix well.
- Transfer the prepared caramel mixture into a greased bowl and allow to cool down a bit. (If you touch hot caramel it can burn your skin)
- Shape the filling into tiny round balls. Set aside till in use.
- Divide the prepared dough into equal portions and shape into small lemon sized balls.
- Make a cavity in between and add the prepared filling balls and seal the edges.
- Shape with the Modak maker or flute with your hands
- Steam for 10 minutes
- Serve immediately